Maybe You Have a Brand Problem
How long has it been since you gave your agency’s brand a real wring out? Maybe you have been operating under the same brand for years without giving it much consideration. If that’s the case, maybe your agency’s brand has been passed by in light of all the changes going on within the industry. Maybe the agency’s brand needs to be repositioned or maybe the firm needs to be re-branded.
- Shows what you stand for
- Shows your view of what’s important
- Lets a prospect know quickly whether or not you are in step with their view of the way things work
- Agency graphics package
- Social media focus
- Agency décor
- Agency stationery
- Holiday/seasonal cards
- Nudge articles
- Web site
- Agency listing on search sites
- Description in directories
- Door opener mailers
- Send-me-something brochure
The agency brand is important, but how to do it?
The process isn’t difficult or painful. At Sanders Consulting Group, we specialize in helping agencies of all types and sizes find the best way to grow. And often the first step is a hard look at the agency’s brand.
Typical Brand Retreat Subjects:
1. What did our clients say about us? And what does that mean?
2. What impact should their comments have on our brand planning?
3. Creating our brand based on who we are or who we want to be.
4. The brand building process.
5. The agency core values.
6. The agency key attributes.
7. The agency personality.
8. The agency’s brand competency story.
9. How to introduce the agency brand.
10. How to train the staff on the agency brand.
11. How to get brand congruence on our side.
12. How to describe ourselves to prospects.
13. New business time-line and calendar.
14. Who will do what?
15. What support materials to produce and what they will look like?
16. Who to go after.
17. A List of prospects vs. B List of prospects.
18. Who can do outreach for our firm?
19. Who will go on first visits?
20. Develop a publicity plan?
21. Supplier/media rep open house?
22. Projected economic impact of new business program?
23. New business payout analysis?
24. What to tell the staff?
25. What to tell clients?
26. Positioning us against competition.
27. Positioning us with search consultants.
28. Sustaining the new positioning.
29. Building proof.
30. Developing reasons to believe.